Friday, August 24, 2007

LIFE............

TODAY 8/23 MY BFF CELEBRATED HER 9TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY, FOR THOSE WHO KNOW THEM AND THE STORY, I PLAYED MATCH MAKER, JUST ONE TIME AND AND ONLY ONE TIME AND I CAUSED A MARRIAGE. THEY BLAME ME ALL THE TIME, BUT I KNOW ITS ALL OUT OF LOVE. ALL OF US THAT GOT MARRIED THAT YEAR 1998, THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES STILL MARRIED. I WISH THE MANY YEARS OF HAPPINESS. YOU BOTH KNOW I LOVE YOU TO PIECES.

THIS YEAR NOVEMBER 1ST, MY MOM SHOULD BE CELEBRATING 25 YEARS MARRIED TO ONE OF THE WORLDS MOST AMAZING MEN. THEY HAVE BEEN TOGETHER 33 YEARS. BUT INSTEAD HERE I AM, AT THERE HOUSE SITTING BY MY MOM, WATCHING AND WAITING FOR MY STEP DAD TO DIE. I GOT HERE ON TUESDAY AND CRIED FOR ALMOST 5 HOURS STRAIGHT. IT TOOK ME ABOUT 6 HOURS TO FINALLY GO INTO THE ROOM TO SEE HIM. HE HAS ALWAYS BEEN THIS BIG STRONG MAN TO ME. STANDING AT 6'2"....NOW HE IS THIS FRAIL OLD MAN LAYING IN BED, NOT ABLE TO DO A THING FOR HIMSELF. MY MOM IS BEING VERY STRONG....BUT I'M AM WORRIED SICK FOR HER, THIS WILL BE HER FIRST TIME ALONE I THINK IN FOREVER. UP UNTIL TODAY, SHE HAS YET TO CRY. TODAY SHE WENT IN THE ROOM TO CHECK ON HIM (HE IS HERE IN THE HOUSE) AND TO SEE IF HE NEEDED OR WANTED ANYTHING. HE TOLD HER "ALL I NEED IS YOU" OK JUST WRITING THIS IS MAKING ME CRY ALL OVER AGAIN. THIS MADE HER CRY. I'M GLAD SHE IS LETTING A LITTLE OUT. SHE TOLD HIM IT WAS OK TO GO, THAT SHE WOULD BE OK AND DIDN'T WANT HIM TO SUFFER ANYMORE................

............WHAT DO I SAY NOW. I'M OFF TO GET A TISSUE, AGAIN.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok,,girl..listen.. we may have not hung out or even spoken verbally in many years but i am always here for you if you ever need to talk...i lost my mom 10 years ago..it is very hard just to even think about loosing someone let alone loosing someone so very close to you..you are a very strong woman..i know that from our teen days..lol... any way..call me if u want to talk..937-622-2423 any time..day or night..dont matter what time..EVER.. i still consider us friends even if it has been years..friends last forever....love ya much..

6:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

susan, I am very sorry for what you are going through I know it 1st hand I lost my dad only 2 yrs ago and it was the hardest thing to ever watch, to sit and watch this strong man you looked up too as a child is now looking for your help and words to make it easier! there is nothing you can say or do to help there pain, but just be there to hold his hand, and be there to hold your mother up when she is going to fall. again I am so very sorry for your sadness,pain,heartbreak,and everything else that comes with loosing a loved one!! stay strong and dont forget to eat so you can stay strong! with everything going on you do forget that one thing to do!! take care. im sending lots of huggggs to you know.. Im sorry!
keep your chin up!
Luve ya Francine =)

8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susan,

I know exactly what youre going through, the same thing happened to me. My Dad developed stomach cancer and after a short three months from being diagnosed he passed at home the dasy after thanksgivings 1999.... its been 8 years and i still miss him, but being able to tell him how much i loved him before he went was the best thing i could have done.

My prayers go out to you hun...
steve
xo

9:29 AM  
Blogger MaryBeth said...

Hi Susan,

I am so sorry to that things are not giong well. Please know that I am keeping you, your mom, and Den in my prayers and I keep hoping for the best. Please do not hesitate to call me reguardless of the time of day or night if you need to talk or anything.

I know that this is a very tough time watching someone you love fade away and not be the same person that they used to be but try to be strong for now for your mom and I will be here when you get home with a shoulder and lots of tissues.

Love you

MaryBeth

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susan - I am so sorry you are going through this. It may have been years since we've hung out, but I have always considered you my friend. If you need anything, please let me know. I lost my dad so I know first hand how difficult this is for you. I'm here if you need someone to talk to.

luv, lyn

10:48 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

I love you so much and I wish there was something I could say or do to make it all better. I am thinking and praying for you and Mommy and Den Den all the time. You know if you need me I will be on the next flight out, all you have to do is call. T keeps asking me if you are ok, I don't know how to answer that so that a 4 year old understands. I miss you and love you.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Mommy Next Door said...

Hey sweetie. I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this but I'm glad you are able to be here for your mom. If you need ANYTHING at all Rob and I are just a few minutes away and will drop everything if you need us.

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that you are going through this hard time. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your mom.
Love, lisa

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home